Effective estate planning should aim to ensure that assets pass to your chosen beneficiaries in exactly the way that you intend while legitimately minimising tax for beneficiaries and without leaving a legacy of family disputes.
Argyle Lawyers was one of the first Australian legal practices to recognise the need for sophisticated estate planning - incorporating a range of disciplines and skills including tax planning, the skillful use of trusts and asset protection strategies.
Our estate planning services include advice on:
- Comprehensive and tailored estate planning.
- Estate planning for high net wealth individuals and families.
- Highly-effective Wills to reflect and implement the testator's intentions.
- The establishment of testamentary trusts in a Will to distribute assets in a flexible and tax-effective way to beneficiaries including young children and teenagers. (Testamentary trusts - which have asset-protection attributes - are considered a cornerstone of estate planning.)
- Legitimately minimising tax for beneficiaries.
- Business and personal succession planning.
- Estate planning considerations for self-managed superannuation funds.
- Powers of Attorney including enduring powers of attorney.
- Avoiding the common and not-so-common estate planning traps.
- Estate administration.
- Dealing with family provision claims.
- Reducing the possibility of future family disputes over deceased estates.
- Revoking a Will.
- Dealing with the consequences of intestacy.